Post with 1 note
i accidentally made a pun in my latin midterm.
Pylades claimed to be his friend so he would be Orested in his place.
and i found it funny. but since theres no one else in my class to share it with, i’ll share it with you.
the most important thing to me ever is bi kids knowing that it’s ok to be 10% attracted to women and 90% attracted to men or 10% attracted to men and 90% attracted to women and still feeling ok to identify as bi, and still feeling like their identity is valid, and still feeling like they can lead fulfilling lives with both (or other) genders. like that’s just so fricking important.
Tweet 1: I can see a lot of people either avoiding Plan B & ending up pregnant or attempting to take multiple doses & getting sick.
Tweet 2: anyone w a credit card (not everyone, I know) can/should use ella ella-rx.com they’ll ship it overnight $45
SIGNAL BOOST. Ella is another form of emergency contraception/the morning-after pill. It’s more effective than Plan B and can be taken up to FIVE DAYS after your mishap, rather than three days. Please spread this around; with all of the anti-choice legislation flying about and how difficult it can be for some people to get Plan B even OTC (like minors, people living in small towns, etc.), this might be the only way a lot of people can get their hands on the morning-after pill.
I’ve also read that Ella is more effective for plus size people.
This is important. Ella works for everyone. Plan B is not effective for people over 176 pounds. Protect yourself
Boosting the shit outta this.
hey collaterlysisters this smells a little like bullshit to me, could i get a second opinion
It’s 100% accurate: http://www.popsci.com/article/science/fyi-why-doesnt-plan-b-work-heavier-women
latin midterm and i am such a stupid i havent really done studying. oh well, itll be ok?
I <3 William Shatner on Twitter
I love how they respond to him, as if he is actually a captain, even more.
Nasa confirmed for huge fucking nerds
This is awesome and priceless and people that work on space stuff are the best people of all time.
Honestly this just about brings me to tears.
Roddenberry, Shatner, Nimoy, Nichols and all the rest of the original Star Trek cast and crew had no small role in making the moon landing as important as it was. A few years before they set that lunar module down, this little TV show came along and fanned the dream into wildfire with an image of what humanity in space could actually look like—not only peaceful on our own world, endlessly curious, and prosperous enough to pursue it, but an active force for good in the greater universe. Carrying not what’s most toxic about us, but what’s best about us out to the stars.
Everybody who has worked at NASA or any other space agency for the past 50 years is waiting for the day when that unmanned probe doing a flyby on a comet can be controlled from the bridge of a space-faring vessel. When we’re not just looking at that comet through a color-coded sonar map, but we can look out a porthole and see it tumbling by with our own eyes. When as a species we can finally outgrow hate and fear and violence, and turn our faces with joy toward all the beauties and wonders that lie waiting to be discovered.
And every time he does this, Shatner is reminding them of what that hope feels like.
Lounge indoors or outdoors using this comfortable hammock chair. Features a crossbar made of wood from the Baltic Sea and a fold-out foot rest. Includes two pillows to create maximum comfort. Sold on Etsy.
My sister and I are at it again.
i had a crush on this guy and i decided to pull a Pavlov on him by offering him whenever i saw him this brand of candy he seemed to really like and after a while whenever he saw me he got excited for a second then you could see his expression shift to wondering the why the hell was he so happy to see me and i swear it was the evilest thing but also the most hilarious i made a guy like me by conditioning him into associating me to a candy he liked
Anonymous said: What advice do you have for women who want to be more body positive but can't shake all the body shame they've accumulated over the years?
None of the following is simple or immediate.
None of the following will happen all the time.
There will be backtracks.
And that’s okay. Keep going forward.
- Wear and/or reveal what you want to wear and/or reveal. If people talk, address them politely, but firmly. If they continue to talk, shut them down. If they yet persist, cut them from your life. There are no exceptions. My policy is “you will show respect or you will be removed, there are no alternatives.”
- The above includes makeup, clothing, lingerie, and all other items.
- In all styles, fashions, colors, genres, etc.
- Separate out “health” when it comes to weight. A non-doctor: “You could lose some weight” is an asshole. Do not listen to this person. They do not have a valid concern.
A doctor: “You could lose some weight, I’m worried about [medical issue that is severely affecting your life]” has a valid concern. Decide how important your health is to you, and act accordingly with this information in tow. You are now making an informed choice.
- Do not buy or read blogs, magazines, comments, etc. that target your insecurities. You are the editor of your life. Cut out the garbage and all that isn’t useful.
- "Guilty pleasure" is a marketing term used to get you to buy the thing you feel "guilty" about, then buy more things to absolve yourself of said "guilt". Do not feel guilty about your pleasures.
- Do not. Feel guilty. About. Your pleasures.
- You will not be everyone’s type — body, attitude, whatever. That’s fine. You aren’t alive in service of other folk anyway. Be your own type. Not knowing what your own “type” means you research and experimentation. Take what you like, reject what you don’t. I’m the world’s worst, most colorfully dressed, grinning fool of a gothy-bastard. Whenever anyone tries to take away the filaments of personality I call “goth,” I have my pet raven peck the shit out of them.
- Accept criticism that is useful. Reject critics that are not.
- Drink more water.
Credits: National Optical Astronomy Observatory/Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy/National Science Foundation. [Copyright WIYN Consortium, Inc., all rights reserved.]
Ok well… this just happened.
Page 1 of 419